Producer & Game Designer
Sarcastic Samurai was a team created in the class Research Topics in Game Design. For nine weeks, we developed a virtual reality game for the HTC Vive called Katamari Croquet. Katamari Croquet is a combination of the games Katamari and croquet, where the player tries to get the croquet ball across an obstacle course littered with items. Every time the ball hits an item, it picks up that item and grows bigger, so that the player must make the ball big enough to cross the obstacles while keeping it small enough to go through the wicket at the end of the field.
During the development of this game, I:
- Facilitated the development of the original game concept, and presented the game pitch and weekly progress reports
- Managed team and game development using Agile and Scrum methodology
- Set team deadlines and milestones, led daily team meetings, and monitored team progress using Trello
- Designed tutorial level and recorded tutorial voiceover
- Scheduled and ran playtest sessions and modified game based on feedback
Katamari Croquet was developed in Unity using C# for the HTC Vive. The game files and source code can be downloaded from GitHub upon request (contact me here).